Often, those who need help, or who are seeking help for a loved one know there is a problem with chemical dependency because of the social, emotional and behavioral changes that accompany the disease.
Take this brief assessment to determine if you are chemically dependent:
1) Do you find yourself often thinking of drinking or using drugs?
2) Do you question yourself whether or not you might have a problem?
3) Has annyone suggested to you tha you may have a problem?
4) Do you drink or use regardless of consequences?
5) Has a job or relationship been negatively affected by your drinking or using?
6) Have you been in jeopardy of losing a job or relationship due to drinking or using?
7) Have you refused to go to places socially where you could not drink or use?
8) Do you ever spend money on alcohol or drugs that should be spent on bills?